A growing collection of helpful resources
What I love most about designing for the web is the collaborative nature of the medium. There are many starting points to web design, ranging from the absurdly simple to the dizzingly complex.
I’m planning to use this space to highlight my favorite tools and curate sources of information that have helped me out.
Tech Powering This Site
- Github Pages and Jekyll
- Barry Clark’s JekyllNow theme and tutorial helped me get this site off the ground
- Taylor Jones’ guide to Jekyll Collections was also extremely useful
- I’ve also been using Chris Ferdinandi’s Kraken project as a starting point for a lot of development work lately.
- There’s a good chance you are reading text rendered in webfonts served by Typekit.
- Icons served via CDN thanks to FontAwesome.
- Current Text Editor(s) of Choice: Brackets and Sublime Text 2
- Formspree: great form tool for static websites.
- On the fly, in-browser edits are maintained with Prose.io by Development Seed
- I’m also maintaining a living style guide for this site if you’re curious about that kind of thing.